Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Brown Bag Luncheon: Knit One, Save One

In the weekday afternoons I can be found crocheting while parked at my children's school. I get there early so I can get a good parking spot -- and sneak in some stitches. This is how I was able to crochet 20 Tulip Preemie Caps in seemingly no time at all.

Yesterday, along with the 18 caps we collected at last month's "Coffee, Crochet & Chat" gathering, I delivered them to the Save the Children world headquarters located in Westport, Connecticut. Linda, who also had caps, Grace and Elaine, fellow HHCC'ers, also joined me. We were there for a special "Brown Bag Luncheon" to teach their staff members how to crochet for their "Knit One, Save One," campaign.

About 15 of their staff members participated, bringing their lunches to the conference room. Each was given a bag of yarn, a hook & a pattern to get started. There were lots of giggles, lots of stitching, and several caps taking shape towards the end of the luncheon.

We learned that they already have caps arriving, filling Dan's cubical at the moment. (Dan was one of the participants.) It was a great way to spend the afternoon, passing on our love of crochet for a good cause. :)

1 comment:

Sandie said...

Blogger is still not showing your updates so I forgot to come on by - I'm here now though so yay! I love the tulip hats and have saved off the pattern to make some. Thanks!