Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Moooving Along With the Herd

I spent a fantastic day visiting with my Auntie, and with my Mom (who is up from Florida) today.  I come home and find an email notification that AOL will be closing down it's website and blog (journal) services.  YIKES!!!

Therefore, along with the rest of AOLers in my shoes, I'll be needing a new place to roost.  And QUICK!

Recommendations are greatly needed! 

I'll be keeping the dot coms so finding the new sites will be easy ... but I will need to figure out how to save years worth of blog entries, and get a new website up and running before October 31st.

This means blog posts here will be much, much fewer until I can find some new digs.

So please, if you have recommendations on where I should move both my blog AND website, please let me know ASAP!!

Many thanks,
~Dee

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dee, I was just going through the blogs I follow and the great majority are at blogger with a sprinkling of wordpress and typepad. Just fyi. That is blogs, not web sites.

Anonymous said...

I've had a 'mirror' blog over at Blogger for some time. http://adventuresofaneclecticmind.blogspot.com/
I've been doing a 'copy' of each of my journal entries over there for some time. I've had a bad feeling about journals every since the banner fiasco. I guess unfortunately my fears were well founded.

They are saying they are setting up a way to migrate your current AOL journal entries over to Blogger with ease. Supposedly they will be sending out an e-mail explaining it on the 7th or so. They do recommend  that you don't set up a blog using the name you want as during the migration process they will be asking you to name your journal and if the name is already used (even by you) it won't be available. They have limited info on this over at Magic Smoke today.

I'm pretty good with Blogger. If you check out my link above you will see that I created my header, background, etc. It's not a 'generic' template, but one I modified to look the way I wanted. If you need any help, feel free to drop me an e-mail.