Saturday, May 21, 2005

Watch Out Dorothy & Toto: A Tornado!!

Summer is coming, and that means 1. having fun with my kids, and 2. having fun with others' kids ... meaning having fun teaching my "Fantastic Fiber Camp Classes."  With this in mind, I did some comparison shopping and opted to order three books from amazon.com.  They are:
     * Kids Crochet : Projects for Kids of All Ages, Kelli Ronci
     *Kids' Crafts: Crochet : Fantastic Jewelry, Hats, Purses, Pillows & More, Jane Davis
     * Finger Knitting #1: Handknit Projects For Kids Of All Ages, Suzuki Katsino


(I want to mention that the link featured today in this entry to amazon.com helps the Connecticut Chapter of the Crochet Guild of America, The Happily Hooked on Crocheting Club, raise funds for helping to promote crochet.  So, if you like to shop through Amazon.com, please consider using the link provided here.)

I'm thinking that these books will be delightful additions to my growing crochet library and will help me inspire children to love the fiber arts as much as I did when I was a child.  (I'm still a child at heart!!)   I'll share my thoughts on the books when they arrive in a few weeks, so stay tuned for an official "review" from me.

Another book I ordered was on Modular Homes.  I know, it's not quite crochet related -- or IS it??  I'm still dreaming here!  LOL  ... I showed my journal entry from yesterday to my hubby and he said that the image I created looked like a home stuck in a virtual yarn tornado.  Watch out Dorothy & Toto!!  ((grins))


Next week will be a virtual tornado for my family and I starting tomorrow.  It's my Mom's "big birthday;" we'll say she's turning 35.  A lie, but she likes the flattery.  She's coming to town, first time in a few years, and we haven't told the kids yet.  It will be a complete surprise to them.  It should be a very fun week, but that also means that I'll be abandoning my PC a bit.  Don't worry; I'll be back!  :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the book recommendations!  I might have to get some for my niece and hope that it motivates her.  Ahhhh, if only she knew the fun stuff she could create!  Sheila