Before I discuss the rules for the giveaway, lets briefly talk about New Year Resolutions. Do you have any? I have a few to share:
1. For 2012 I will no longer say, "I crochet." This will be replaced with, "I hand-crochet." This is an experiment to see if I can help heighten awareness that crochet remains one of the last remaining fiber art forms that must be made by human hands, regardless if seen at a discount store or at a high-end boutique.
2. I will give up all grand-illusions of hand-crocheting (see, I'm using it already!) down my yarn stash. I know I "burn" through yarn with many projects throughout any given year, so I will resume rewarding myself, regularly, with restocking with yarns I love. Yes, I know this will create storage problems, but I'm thinking if I rip out the mattress' stuffing, I can replace it with yarn. Mattresses casings should hold a whole 'lotta yarn! If the family protests too much, I can always eye the box springs as a storage solution, right??
3. I want to yarn bomb something this year. I have my eye on a location local to me and will investigate if this is something I can do without, well, you know, having to go to jail for "defacing public property." That would be a real kill-joy!
4. I want to develop a rhythm for my blog posts here. I know last year was not a great year for my posting regularly, and I want this year to be a better one. So I'll work on that.
5. I want to keep track of how many MILEs of yarn I use this year. I think it would be fun to say stuff like, "Yeah, last night I flew through the 1/4 mile-marker and it felt great!" or "I got 3 miles in the bag." Have you ever considered how many miles of yarn you crochet annually? Me either. So this should be fun. LOL
Alright. Let's get to the CGOA MEMBERSHIP Giveaway. The rules are below. Please follow them to ensure your entry counts! Good luck! :)
The rules are simple:I wish you all a happy, healthy, hand-crochet-filled New Year! :)
1. Entries accepted from now until January 14, 2012, midnight, eastern time, by leaving comments at this Blog entry.
2. List your top 3 favorite Crochet Techniques. If you're not sure, visit my "Types & Techniques" page on my website, www.CrochetWithDee.com, for some ideas. If you don't see your favorite listed there, then please describe yours as maybe you'll inspire someone else to learn it! :)
3. Include if you are a current CGOA member or not.
4. Leave a way for me to contact you should your name be drawn as the winner. If I can't reach you, I'll need to have another name drawn. Winner will be announced on January 15th; the winner will receive a One-Year Membership to the CGOA!