Monday, June 21, 2010

Summer is Ready When You Are

As today is the first official day of summer, how (and pardon the pun) cool is it I officially get to announce lead guitarist for The Breeders, Kelley Deal, as a Famous Crocheter! Having been taught how to crochet by her mom, and has a twin sister -- I'm waiting to see if Kelley will enlighten us if she (or other band members) also crochet. Kelley also knits, and in 2008 published the book, "Bags That Rock."

I am delighted Nanda of Ravelry brought her to my attention. Funny thing is, I happen to have been listening to this band for years! I just never put 2 & 2 together. Thank you Nanda!



I think the lyrics to the above song, Saints, is appropriate. I've been busy gearing up for the Conference, and thinking of the summer (& fall) fairs I'll be entering my crochet work in. What about you? What projects do you have planned for the summer?

1 comment:

jmo said...

LOL. Dee- I ALWAYS associate the Breeders with summer too! (although for me... "last splash" always seems to be running through my head). Here's to lots of happy yarn time throughout the summer!