Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Candle Power!

Here in Connecticut we are experiencing a big winter storm ... snow, sleet, and freezing rain. Mr. Dee just called me from his work and said it will be a long time until he is able to make it home as nearly every road is closed due to downed trees. Downed trees means no power, and that is the case for us right now.

Knowing Mr. Dee has been working with this severe weather, I wanted to ensure he came home to a hot meal. So what does a clever girl do? She uses candle power! Check it out ... 12 tea-lite candles, a casserole pan, and a shelf from my toaster oven and I'm good to go! (I made homemake chicken soup.)

... now, to rig up some more "candle power" so I can get some crochet stitching in! :)

---------------------
Edited on 1/08/09 to add pictures. The images below were taken on 1/08/09 around town. Even after a day of semi-sunshine, heavy ice still clings to the trees, bending the mighty trees, snapping power lines. Is it any wonder why more afghans are crocheted in the winter than any other time of the year? :)






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You got some great shots!!! I was wishing I had my camera with me on my way home from work. It was absolutely gorgeous for the ride home!

Anonymous said...

ps: how long did it take to finish cooking with candlepower?!