* Not one, but TWO long-thought lost "Graydog" crochet hooks.
* One barnd nee Shirret crochet hook, Shirret yarn holder, and Shirret thread.
* Four stunningly beautiful hanks of multi-colored silk yarn.
* An Anny Blatt scarf kit (valued at $66)
* A beautiful hank of Starry Dream gilttery-green sock yarn.
I haven't a clue how they got mixed in with the leftovers, but I was amazed at finding these gems. And I was able to work up some 10 hats that will warm someone in need in just a few short months!
I also re-visited some of my swatches and found some from a workshop I attended a good while ago. Since the yarn had never been abused (something I usually advocate for swatches so we can learn more about the wear & tear of various yarns), and since I don't need the swatches, I decided to reclaim the yarn and crochet up two more hats for donation.
|Recycling yarn from swatches.|
What has this experience tought me? It taught me I need to go stash diving more often because we all benefit when I do! LOL