CGOA Chapter, The Happily Hooked on Crocheting Club. We had a booth in the New England State building to promote crochet. Here are some of the highlights, in no particular order:
- The father of a childhood friend sought me out to say "Hi." It was so nice to see him! He dialed my friend's number and let me say hello to her; she just recently moved back to Florida. It was good to chat with her.
- I got to meet some of my blog fans like Firemanshunny.
- I screamed. Rather proudly. My Mini~Dee won "Best in Division" for her crocheted shawl in the Junior Division.
- I got to line dance on stage with the Connecticut Line Dancers.
- I won some prizes for my crochet entries -- I won't know what prizes until after the Fair when I pick up the entries.
- I helped my Chapter put on its First Ever Crochet Fashion Show featuring the shawls from the Fiddler production back in April.
- I got to meet a crocheter from Bethel, Connecticut, who specializes in miniature crochet; she showed me pictures of crocheted doilies she made that are about the size of a US dime!!!