Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Halloween 2009

For Halloween the McDee's dressed up and went trick or treating. Mini~Dee was Cleopatra and Dee Jr. was a gladiator. They used the same crocheted pails I had won at an HHCC auction back in 2002. Many people commented how well the pails have held up through the years, and the many pounds of candy loads. This just goes to show that crochet is not only beautiful and creative, it's also very durable! ;)

Part of our Halloween tradition is to visit with my sister-in-law. When we arrived we found my niece, Crista, busy making beautiful beaded designs. She invited me to sit with her and make some items too. Naturally I jumped at the chance as in my former life I was a jeweler. Crista asked, "Aunt Dee, you're great at crochet, and at making jewelry. Is there anything you don't know how to do?" We all got a chuckle out of that.


Visit Crista's Etsy shop at: ambertortoise.etsy.com and pick something out to match your latest crochet wear! I told her she should consider designing us crocheters (and knitters) stitch holders. What do you think? If you agree, drop her a line and let her know! :)

2 comments:

Ghost said...

this must take a lot of patience. Very pretty work though

Holly Days Closet said...

I really love the pin with the snowflakes.
Holly